Yes, real men eat quiche, but they also have decorative toss cushions. It may sound silly, but pillows can show visitors who you are and what your interests might be. They can reflect your thoughts and opinions and maybe even expose your political stance if you so choose.
Pillows are the best and easiest way to add your personality to a room. They can and should be as unique as you are. They don’t need to be girly and fluffy or flowery. But they shouldn’t be flat and bland either.
Here at teb Interiors, we made it our mission to help fill what seems to be a void in the design industry. We want to help Men with their décor needs as well, so we ensure to infuse a whole whack of Machismo into our Men’s product lines.
- Choosing darker tones and subtle textures in your accent cushions will soften the space but still keep it looking ‘handsome’.
- Mixing traditionally more feminine fabrics with ‘manly’ imagery is a great contrast and balance.
- Don’t be so literal with a theme. If Motorcycles are your thing, try choosing fabrics and patterns that are typical within that industry as opposed to a simple picture of a bike. It’s more sophisticated and effective.
- A man confident in his own sexuality is as manly as it gets. Don’t be afraid of sparkle, we often use more masculine imagery in glitter for a more dramatic approach.
- Don’t overdo it with the pillow count. Be realistic, are you really going to put those 14 pillows back on the bed every morning? If not, than one or two decorative cushions is enough. Easy Tiger.
- Mix your patterns. Take two different plaids and put them together. They don’t even have to be the same colour; in fact it’s better if they aren’t the same colour. Just be sure that the scale and size of the patterns are different from each other.
- Don’t chince out on the insert. Use a down alternative Micro-fibre insert for your pillows. They will give them weight and substance which in turn makes them much more lux.
Our favourite things to work on with our clients are the pillows. They are what help pull a room together by injecting colour and personality. They are also the easiest element to change on a whim and create a whole new feel and even colour scheme.
So come on fellas, don’t be shy. Put some thought into your decorative cushions and elevate your décor. Who knows, it may even impress that lucky someone you’ve been dating to stick around a bit longer. But if they won’t ever leave then you’re on your own. We can’t help you with that.
We can make you ANYTHING you want!!! For inspiration, Check out our teb Exclusive line of pillows
The Co-Founder & Creative Dictator of teb Interiors. Terry is best known from his many appearances on HGTV and W Network television programs. teb Interiors offers complete Interior Design services plus they specialize in custom sewing and upholstery, servicing throughout the GTA. The firm is known for its edgy, controversial designs and for creating truly one of a kind show pieces that are guaranteed to get the conversation going.